New tendencies and opinions of today’s society are changing the world of funeral services. These days’ families are comfortable with innovative ideas, in turn leading consumers to seek new experiences, products and services that may vary from those included in the traditional funeral service. These decisions are centered from familiarity with the deceased rather than custom and tradition, causing deviation from product-based services to a more event-based funeral service.
Therefore, personalization is at the heart of today’s funeral services. The new trend in the funeral industry is an eruption of memorial services that no longer focuses on death, instead families want to celebrate the life of their deceased loved one. When planning funeral services families may ask: What made the deceased unique? Was he/she religious? As a result, families tend to arrange a funeral service to fit their exact needs.
Dee Funeral Home is pleased to accommodate most any request and below is a short list of the more commonly utilized “alternative” services. Please contact us if you have any questions or particular needs.
- Non-Traditional Burial, Entombment or Cremation without visitation. For this type of funeral service, you select the services and merchandise from several itemized options.
- Private family viewings are available, but may be subject to time limitations. Please ask one of our staff about setting up a private viewing for your family.
- A Memorial Service is the same as a traditional service, except the body is not present for the visitation or the funeral. The private family viewing explained above also applies here.
- Traditional Ship-out allows you to select the type of services and merchandise for local arrangements and then the remains are shipped out of town for final services.
- Limited Graveside Service is designed for those who want a ground burial or interment of cremains with a service only at the cemetery. Itemized options may be selected at the family's discretion.
- Limited Family Viewing with Shipment is designed for those who want a private family viewing, but no other visitation prior to shipment of the casketed remains. Itemized options are also available to the family.
- Ship-in Services are for those who want remains shipped to Dee Funeral Home for final services. Itemized options are available.
- Direct Ship-out is when there is to be no local service and the remains are to be shipped to a funeral home out of town.
Although law does not require embalming, embalming may be necessary if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with a viewing. If you do not want embalming, you have the right to choose an arrangement such as direct cremation or immediate burial.